According to Wikipedia, the definition of a landing page is:
….. a landing page, sometimes known as a lead capture page, is a single web page that appears in response to clicking on an advertisement.
The landing page will usually display directed sales copy that is a logical extension of the advertisement or link.
The general goal of a landing page is to convert site visitors into sales leads.
In short, a landing page is a page where you make the sale, clinch the deal, get the subscription or whatever else you’re trying to get visitors to do.
Fortunately the guys over at Copyblogger have come up with Premise for WordPress which makes creating professional looking landing pages pretty easy.
“Premise” Landing Page Software for WordPress
Copyblogger describe Premise as…
…..a bundle of software and education that lets you quickly and effectively create landing pages with WordPress.
That’s a pretty good description, but here’s a fabulous video from the guys over at B2WEB which shows you exactly what Premise is.
Premise enables you to create professional looking landing pages, add killer content and optimise that content to get results.
And all from within the WordPress environment.
First – create your landing pages
You need to be able to create your landing pages outside of your normal WordPress theme.
You don’t want your typical header and sidebars, and you need control over styles, colours, fonts, and graphics specifically for your landing pages.
Premise enables you to quickly and easily build 8 types of graphically-enhanced landing pages without cost, code, or hassle.
- Sales pages – used to move more of your products or services.
- Social sharing pages – requires people to share your landing page on Facebook or Twitter in order to access your free content.
- Email pages – integration with Aweber, Mail Chimp, and Constant Contact, in order to really build your list.
- Video pages – used for sales and lead generation.
- SEO pages – when you really want to rank for specific search terms.
- Tabbed pages – when you want to deliver lots of copy without it looking like long copy.
- Thank you / confirmation pages – a nice way of thanking people for buying, opting in or subscribing.
- Pricing pages – when you’re selling anything with multiple plans or price points, this page makes things crystal clear.
Premise is a plugin so it works with any WordPress theme… and that includes your theme.
It gives you access to 1,100+ custom graphics designed by Rafal Tomal head designer at Copyblogger Media.
And it gives you Point-and-click design control over styles, colours and fonts.
Second – create content that gets results for your landing pages
Building pages alone won’t get you the action and conversion rate you’re looking for.
It’s the words you write, the copy, that makes people do what you want.
Premise gives you copywriting advice for each type of landing page directly from your WordPress interface.
Premise gives you:
- Copywriting advice from inside WordPress.
- Tips and templates for each page type.
- A copywriting Ebook: “The Premise Copywriting Approach.”
- Access to ongoing copywriting seminars.
Copywriting resources that will change the way you write and transform you from a complete newbie into a copywriting pro.
Third – optimise your landing pages for the search engines
Having done all that hard work, you need to make sure that your pages are well optimised.
Premise makes conversion and search engine optimisation easy.
With Premise you can test your copy with Google Website Optimizer or with Visual Website Optimizer, use the built-in SEO controls, carry out split-testing and get involved with conversion optimisation seminars from industry experts.
The final piece in your landing page jigsaw, optimisation, and Premise makes that oh so easy.
Put Premise to Work for 30 Days – Risk Free
The best way to get to know Premise, and decide if it’s for you, is to try it.
Don’t worry, you can try Premise for WordPress for 30 days – risk free.
See the quote from Coppybloger below.
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. In the event you decide Premise is not for you, simply use the contact form in the clearly-marked HELP section of the member area to tell us within 30 days of your purchase.
We’ll promptly refund the full price you paid.
To start producing your landing pages just head over and pick up your copy of Premise for WordPress or hit the Premise graphic below.
Good luck with your landing pages and please let me know how things work out for you.