Mention Premise to a WordPress user, and they’ll reply… landing pages, because that’s what Premise is famous for.
It’s a WordPress plugin that creates great looking landing pages.
I did a review of Premise some time ago and even included a a fabulous video from the guys over at B2WEB which shows you exactly what Premise is.
So why a new post?
Because son of Premise… Premise 2.0 has arrived, and it’s ram jam full of new goodies – “Digital Commerce” capability has now been added, but more of that later.
The one-time fee, bundled optimization education, copywriting advice and included custom graphics have made Premise the go-to WordPress plugin for thousands of online marketers and small businesses.
Brian Clark – Copyblogger
Let’s take a look at the features that made Premise the #1 landing page plugin and then we’ll look at the new “Digital Commerce” stuff.
Black Friday / Cyber Monday Save $70 on Premise and get 25% off everything at StudioPress!
Just a few minutes ago, Copyblogger opened up their biggest sale of the year, in honour of Black Friday / Cyber Monday.
Premise for $95 instead of $165 that’s a huge saving of $70!
25% off everything in the StudioPress design shop!
The offer starts now and continues until 5:00 pm Pacific time on Monday, November 26, 2012.
Don’t miss out Just hit this link to take advantage of the Copyblogger Media’s Black Friday Sale
Create those landing pages complete with professional graphics
This is what Premise built its reputation on… creating landing pages that look professional and doing it from within your WordPress dashboard.
With Premise you can:
- Quickly and easily create eight landing page types – sales, social, email, video, content, pricing, thank you / confirmation pages and tabbed landing pages.
- Add professional graphics – choice of 1,100+ custom graphics by Rafal Tomal, lead designer at Copyblogger.
- Point-and-click design controls – complete control over styles, colours and fonts for all areas of your landing pages.
- Sample templates for each page type – each landing page type has a sample template, which you can use as a guide and simply overtype to create your own page.
- Included ebook – “The Premise Copywriting Approach”
Once you’ve created your pages Premise allows you to test your copy with Google Website Optimizer, use the built-in SEO controls and carry out split-testing.
As part of the Premise package you also get access to conversion and optimisation seminars from industry experts.
The new goodies… add digital commerce functionality to your landing pages
Having built your landing pages, optimised and tested them… what next?
Perhaps you want to:
- Sell ebooks, software or other digital downloads and take payments via PayPal and Authorize.net.
- Build a membership area and take recurring payments.
- Create private forum areas with vBulletin.
Problem is… digital commerce with WordPress requires security, automation, product control, and payment processor integration, which means… “expensive developer fees”.
Have no fear, Premise now comes with digital commerce functionality, which means that you can:
- Build rock-solid membership areas with WordPress.
- Take recurring payments with automated access management.
- Automatically drip content out over time.
- Securely sell ebooks, apps and other digital downloads.
- Confidently create private forum areas with vBulletin (vBulletin must be purchased separately).
- Quickly set up password-protected content libraries.
- Easily build check-out pages for PayPal and Authorize.net.
The new functionality in Premise is fantastic, but what’s more important is that Copyblogger is constantly developing this plugin in line with what users are asking for – see the short exchange below between Hector Cuevas and Brian Clark from the Copyblogger blog.
I’m currently using Amember, optimizepress and a third party plugin to integrate everything with wordpress. Yea I know.. it’s crazy.
From what I read above, I’ll be able to get rid of the Frankenstein process I created – and only use Premise (correct me if I’m wrong). I’m releasing an ebook in the next few weeks and if everything goes well, I’ll be doing a video review real soon, thanks guys.
Hector, we’ve done the same sort of “Frankenstein configuration” ourselves.
This is the product we wanted 5 years ago, so we’re happy to make it available now to anyone who sees the value in an integrated solution.
Brian Clark - Copyblogger
Looks as though you will be able to create your own “integrated solutions” and those “expensive developer fees” will be a thing of the past.
Put Premise 2.0 to work for 30 days… risk free
Professional landing page production plus optimisation and testing plus digital commerce functionality make Premise one powerful plugin.
And don’t forget, you buy Premise for a one-off fee, you can use it on as many of your sites or client sites as you like and it works with any WordPress theme or design framework.
So what are you waiting for?
Head over to Copyblogger and pick up your copy of Premise 2.0 and give it a try for 30 days… risk free.
A big thank you to Brian Clark at Copyblogger for allowing me to use the graphic at the beginning of this article.
And I’d like to point you to a fabulous review of Premise 2.0 by Eugen Oprea.
Eugen’s post shows you how to use some of the new digital commerce functionality and it really is a “must read”.