Gorgeous textures, elegant fonts and stunning colour combinations, that’s what greets you when you first see the Glitter and Lace WordPress theme.
This is the latest theme from Genesis developer Heather Jones of Viva la Violette and I absolutely love it.
Heather is a fabulously talented designer and her themes appear regularly in the Genesis Community Marketplace.
I’ve used a large screenshot at the top of this post, but to really see this theme in all its glory head over to Studiopress and take Glitter and Lace on an elegant outing.
Feminine and delicate with a vintage flair, the Glitter theme was created for bloggers who want something a little different.
Glitter and lace detailing provides a unique look, and offers a beautiful home for your words, photos, and even instagrams.
A modern theme to showcase your content through blogging and social media
Glitter and Lace is a truly modern blogging theme.
First - it’s fully mobile responsive, a must if you want to future-proof your website and give your visitors a great viewing experience, regardless of what device they are using.
Next - it looks modern.
Elegant fonts, understated textures and intricate but subtle details tell you that this is a theme for today that will still look fresh and current tomorrow.
And finally – it makes full use of social media in order to really get your content out there.
It has a ‘Social Icons’ widget area where you can place your social icons widget.
The theme demo site uses the Simple Social Icons plugin, but you can use a plugin of your choice.
BTW…. this is the first WordPress theme I’ve seen that has Instagram integration.
And if you think that setting all of that up takes real coding skills… think again.
The home page is set up using a combination of settings in the Genesis Theme Options and placing widgets in the widgetised areas.
This is all you have to do to set up the Glitter and Lace homepage:
- Go to Genesis->Theme Options and select a colour option.
- Download and install the Simple Social Icons plugin and add it to the ‘Social Icons’ widget area and configure options.
- Download and install the Instagram Widget plugin, add it to the ‘Instagram’ widget area and set options to: 6 images, 150px x 150px. (For first time setup, you will need to follow the link to get an access token.)
A modern mobile responsive theme that makes full use of Social Media and is a breeze to set-up.
In short… a theme for today’s blogger that will look good well in to the future.
Not just eye candy… Glitter and Lace is packed with features
You might think that a theme that looks this good is all about eye candy and not about functionality… wrong!
This is a Genesis theme and Genesis is all about lean code and user driven features.
With the Glitter and Lace theme you get the following features:
- Mobile responsive – adapts to your visitors screen size and gives them the optimum viewing experience.
- Six colour combinations – a choice of six colour combinations allows you to find the one that is just right for you.
- Three layout options – various combinations of sidebar and content allow you to give each page and post individual styling.
- Custom background and custom header – easily use your own custom background and custom header.
- Featured images – supports WordPress featured images.
6 colour styles, 3 layout options, custom background, custom header, featured images, fixed width, mobile responsive, theme options.
Head over to Studiopress and pick up your copy of Glitter and Lace
If you’re looking for a great looking mobile responsive modern theme, that makes full use of Social Media and requires no coding skills to set-up then Glitter and Lace is the perfect theme for you.
To find out details of pricing etc. head over to Studiopress and put the Glitter and Lace theme through its paces and see its features in action.
Glitter is a lovely theme to showcase your life through blogging and social media.
Hope you found the review helpful and if you want to ask any questions or get involved with the discussion, please leave a comment below.
And Heather… if you are around, please come on over, take a bow and enjoy your applause.