If you’re part of a great institution, school, university, college or even a business and you want to shout it to the world, then Education 2.0 is the theme for you.
Education 2.0 is the eleventh Genesis theme to be mobile responsive and it carries all the suave sophistication that hint of the input from one of the most creative WordPress theme designers in the business, Rafal Tomal.
Clean lines, cool fonts and those dashes of detail that help make a theme special.
If you want to see this theme in all its glory then head over to the Studiopress website and take Education for a spin.
Your institution has a great deal of information to convey in a short period of time. Text, audio, video, curricula, and more…
Help students, faculty and press find what they need fast, without the homework.
Education has a fabulous looking home page and… it’s easy peasy to set up
The Education home page comes with everything you’ll ever need.
A fabulous responsive slider to grab attention, a great welcome message, four featured page teasers, a call to action, blog articles and finally a gorgeously deep three column footer.
Like I said, everything you’ll ever need.
And don’t let all that content fool you in to thinking that it’s difficult to set up because… it’s all done using widgetised areas, plus plugins and widgets!
Here’s how the various areas are set up:
- Menu - a WordPress custom menu widget in the Header Right widget area.
- Slider - the Genesis responsive slider plugin in the Slider widget area.
- Introduction - a text widget in the Intro widget area.
- Four page teasers – four featured page widgets in the Featured widget area. These pages need WordPress featured images if you want to display images as in the demo site.
- Call to action – a Genesis eNews and Updates widget in the Call To Action widget area. For this to operate you need to add your email subscribe info from Feedburner.
- Blog section – all coded in to the theme by the nice Studiopress peeps.
- Three column footer – three widgets of your choice, anything you like.
If you can drag and drop… and type with one finger, you’ll have no trouble setting up this theme.
And if you do have any problems, the great support over at the Studiopress forums will soon put you right.
A couple more things about the home page
The theme demo site shows the home page with two sidebars.
In order to get that effect set the “default layout” in the Genesis theme settings, to content-sidebar-sidebar.
If you want to remove the sidebars from the home page, set the “default layout” to full width.
And if you want to remove the blog section from the home page, to make it look like a non-blog website, you need to add the following code to your home.php file…
remove_action( 'genesis_loop', 'genesis_do_loop' );
Education comes packed with features…
Enough about the home page, let’s take a peek at what other features you get with Education.
Here are five for starters:
- Mobile responsive – I’ve put this first because in order to future-proof your website, your theme has to be mobile responsive
- Six colour styles – (blue, black, green, purple, red, teal)
- Six layout options – various combinations of content and sidebars that you can use on a page by page / post by post basis
- Custom menus – supports WordPress custom menus
- Featured images – supports WordPress featured images
The Education child theme includes the following features: 6 color styles (blue, black, green, purple, red, teal), 6 layout options, custom background, custom menus, featured images, fixed width, mobile responsive, theme options.
Head over to StudioPress and pick up your copy of the Education 2.0 child theme
If you’re looking for a mobile responsive WordPress theme that will grab attention, look good and allow you to display tons of information on your home page, then Education is the theme for you.
To find out details of pricing etc. head over to Studiopress and put the Education theme through its paces and see its features in action.
Absolutely LOVE it.
Stepping out and away from other StudioPress theme designs!
I like the homepage sidebar integration, and the look of the menu.
Hats off to the designer!!
Bruce - Studiopress blog comment
If you’re interested in buying more than one Genesis child theme or you want to provide clients with Genesis websites, then take a look at the StudioPress Pro Plus All-Theme Package.
The pro Plus package is the package we use here at WM Web Design.
It’s fabulous value and it allows us to offer our clients incredible looking websites at affordable prices.