The only problem is… deciding which one is right for you.
Fortunately Eric has produced a video explaining what each one is, what they do and how they are best used.
Take a look at the video and then I’ll give you my take on how you can choose which is right for you.
Dynamik Website Builder or…. the Genesis Extender plugin – it’s all a matter of workflow
So now you know what they are and how they are used, but how do you decide which one is right for you?
First thing to do is think about your workflow. When you setup a website or a blog, what do you do?
The two most common workflows are:
- Install the Genesis framework > install the sample child theme > modify the sample theme to produce your own unique child theme.
In this case the sample child theme is only used as a blank canvas, a starter theme to produce your own theme.
- Install the Genesis framework > install a bespoke child theme > make minor modifications and additions to the child theme.
In this case the bespoke child theme is only modified, it does not become another child theme.
In both cases you have to install the Genesis framework but in workflow #1 the child theme you install is only used to speed up production of your own child theme. It’s a starter theme, sometimes called a “sandbox” theme and it’s usually a free theme.
In workflow #2 the child theme you use is usually a bespoke theme, a premium theme and at the end of your customisation, the theme remains the same child theme.
So which workflow do you use, #1 or #2?
Once you’ve decided… read on.
Workflow #1 – produce your own child themes – use the Dynamik Website Builder theme
If you’re in the business of producing your own Genesis child themes, then the Dynamik Website Builder theme is what you need.
Dynamik is a powerful “blank canvas” Genesis child theme that provides you with over 800 no-coding design options, gives you 49 one-click homepage configuration settings and provides you with responsive design controls.
And if you don’t have the time to create your designs from scratch, you can import pre-customized Dynamik skins, which give you an instant custom design and still allow you to make tweaks with little to no coding.
Dynamik gives you the best of both worlds:
- Create your own unique child themes using the design control that Dynamik provides.
- Import pre-customised Dynamik skins to get you up and running quickly.
Whether you’re a total beginner who wants to be able to customize their site design without coding knowledge or a Developer looking for an efficient design solution for their growing web development business, the Dynamik Website Builder delivers.
Eric Hamm – Dynamik developer
You get the Dynamik Website Builder theme for a one-off payment, you can use it on as many sites as you like, you get full support and it comes with a rock solid 30 day money-back guarantee.
Workflow #2 – modify bespoke / premium child themes – use the Genesis Extender plugin
If you use bespoke / premium child themes for your websites and blogs and are just looking to customise them then the Genesis Extender Plugin is the perfect tool for you.
The Genesis Extender is a WordPress plugin that can be used with any Genesis child theme.
Its main purpose is to help you customise your current Genesis theme, not convert it to another theme.
The Extender gives you the following functionality:
- Custom CSS builder – add CSS on the fly – work in the dashboard or on your page.
- Custom functions – type or paste your functions directly into the text-field area.
- Custom conditionals – allows you to set up WordPress conditional tags, which gives you the ability to display content selectively.
- Custom Widget areas – create multiple custom widget areas, without coding, hook-in wherever you want and add conditionals to display content selectively. Add content to the widget areas via “appearance-widgets”.
- Custom Hook boxes – like Custom Widget areas but you add content directly in to the text-field area instead of going to “appearance-widgets”.
- Image uploader – upload images that you will be working on and add them to your design.
The Genesis Extender plugin is an incredibly powerful time saving Plugin that will benefit any Genesis user, whether they know how to code or not.
If you use the Genesis Framework then the Genesis Extender Plugin should be at the top of your list of must-have Plugins…period!
Eric Hamm – Genesis Extender developer
Just like Dynamik you get the Genesis Extender Plugin for a one-off payment, you can use it on as many sites as you like, you get full support and it comes with a rock solid 30 day money-back guarantee.
If you’re using Dynamik or the Extender, we’d love to hear from you
If you’re already using the Dynamik theme or the Extender plugin we’d love to have your thoughts.
Which one are you using?
How does it fit into your workflow?
What benefits are you seeing?
Are you using Dynamik skins?
We’d love to have your thoughts on anything and everything in the comments below.